Saturday, March 13, 2010

Frost/Nixon


I'll admit, when it comes to politics, I'm a bit of a dunce! I'm just not that into current affairs. However, the idea behind this film intrigued me, and the impressive cast caught my eye. The film is about the interviews between David Frost and Richard Nixon in 1977, three years after Nixon had retired as President of the US, following the Watergate scandal. Nixon agrees to the interview, thinking he will easily outwit and outcharm popular light entertainment talk show host, Frost, and reignite America's faith in him as a politician. Frost is not silly, however, and has hired a clever team for the project, giving Nixon a run for his money.

Compelling viewing; I was transfixed by the actors who became the characters completely, and at the way the interview sessions panned out. You can literally see Frost grow as a journalist by the second.

Well worth a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment