Friday, March 26, 2010

Blink

Thought I'd watch this because I read it starred Aidan Quinn, and I just LOVE him! Although the movie is ancient (made in 1994) I felt like seeing something a bit thrilling, and this seemed to fit the bill.


Madeline Stowe plays a blind woman, Emma Brody, who regains her sight, and then sees a murderer leave a crime scene. Her vision is not completely clear though, and the police have difficulty relying on her as their only witness. Detective John Hallstrom, played by Quinn, is determined to find the killer, and meanwhile falls for Emma. They work together to try to discover the  motive behind the murderer who kills again and again and, according to Emma, smells strongly of soap. 

This movie shows off Quinn's comic timing and hunky looks, and portrays a couple with sizzling chemistry. While the script is full of sarcastic quips, clever one-liners, and a riveting detective story, it is the development of the couple's romance that makes this film. My hubby and I were hooked from beginning to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment